Sunday, 5 April 2009

Getting there!

The phone by this point has really started to take shape. I have finished CNCing the main structure and I am at the point where I have re-corrected the mistake I had made when using the CNC machine with the wrong zero point. Now I am using car body filler to fill in any dents or sections with curves. As the chemiwood had a strong grain like surface to it I have been smoothing that out with sandpaper and coating the phone with primer as I go along. I'm finding that chemi-wood creates a nice surface finish through sanding and works well with car body filler.

No comments:

Post a Comment