Sunday, 5 April 2009


As I've detailed in a previous post I have made the phone so that I can use an electroluminescent panel in place of the screen. As this model is an exhibition/display model I think it needs the element of lighting to it to make it more effective and fulfill the purpose it would hypothetically be used in industry for. One of the main issues with using the light panel has been constructing the phone so that there is room for the battery pack that is needed to power the screen. I didn't want to have any wires coming from the phone if I could help it, so I managed to mill out a slot underneath the dialling buttons of the phone, in which the batteries can sit. There are eight AA batteries to hold, which will add a certain amount of weight to the model, however as the basic structure is already quite light, this shouldn't be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment