Friday 16 January 2009

Construction Plan

Possible making methods:
  • Draw up plans of the phone to machine cut it using the CNC machine. The drawback of this method is that I don't want to be spending too much time on the computer. I won't be learning many hand skills that are transferable in industry.
  • Laser cut different layers of the main phone body, make contours to form the radius edges of the phone. This will mean sanding and filling by hand, which will not be as accurate.
  • Milling out the main face of the phone in chemiwood. This will provide me with all the cut outs for the buttons and screen etc and also the radius edges. Can then heat bend over a former to create the sloping aspect of the phone. Advantages of using the mill will mean I can improve on my machining skills and rely on laser cutter for cutting the buttons etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment